Had a pleasant surprise last night. Tried Mezzomondo on Ventura & Whitsett in Studio City instead of our usual dependable neighborhood Italian, Spumoni.
- Mixed greens with shaved parmesan & pear salad (one order which they split for 2) was fresh & tasty.
- Handmade three-color fettucini with prawns & alfredo sauce. Very nice dish. Prawns were delicious & juicy without too much garlic. I personally like my pasta a little more al dente, but it was still very well-prepared.
- Risotto con nero. This is squid-ink risotto, one of our favorite dishes. I have to say this was as good if not better than the version we had at Drago, primarily because it's a fisherman's dish, so it's better when it's bold and a little salty.
- Tiramisu dessert, creamy and sweet.
- Great espresso with wonderfully thick crema and biscotti.
All for around $55. Nice surprise. How come this place doesn't get more props on this board??