I am looking for one or two excellent Mexican restaurants in the Saint Louis area for my upcoming visit. Following is what I am looking for:
1) A REAL Mexican restaurant which also borrows from culinary influences of other South American countries, such as Bolivia and Equador.
2) A restaurant which serves two or three different kinds of salsa of varying heat scales, all homemade.
3) A restaurant which makes creative use of a wide variety of chiles in its cuisine-even habaneros.
4) A restaurant where the ingredients are always fresh and the food is made from scratch. No microwave food please!
5) A restaurant whose refried beans are a delectable creamy black instead of the usual lumpy pintos.
6) A restaurant which prides itself on authentic Mexican and South American offerings instead of the usual tacos and burritos.
7) A restaurant which serves a killer Margarita with the best tequila available, if you ask for it.
8) A restaurant that doesn't serve you "ice cream" if you ask for it "hot."
If you can personally recommend a restaurant which you feel meets the above conditions, please advise. Any and all recommendations will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Updated 1 year ago | 15
Updated 8 months ago | 5
Updated 1 year ago | 4
Updated 7 months ago | 9
Updated 7 months ago | 5