Dallas 'hound coming to the Bay Area for a long weekend. Have already established my dining itinerary after researching these boards (though unfortunately some are compromised choices for dining due to transportation issues). Need advice for the following:
1) Dim sum in Chinatown on Friday. I know Koi Palace gets all the praise but a trip out there isn't feasible with our schedule. Is Lichee House or Y. Ben House the better choice? Or another place? My favorite dim sum items are fried tarot stuffed with minced pork and mushroom and anything with BBQ pork. I have to admit, coming from Dallas, my dim sum exposure is somewhat limited.
2) Dinner at Bar Crudo on Friday. I've heard the chowder is good here. Any other specific menu recommendations?
3) Lunch at Cafe Citti in Sonoma on Saturday (it's on the way of the wineries we're planning on visiting in Sonoma). Any menu item recs?
4) Dinner at Jai Yun on Saturday night. No choice here. Hope it's good.
5) Headed to Ferry Bldg on Sunday for an extended lunch. I know Saturday's really the day to get the scene, but since Saturday is Sonoma wineries day, it'll have to be Sunday. On my list of to tries:
o Golden Gate Meat Co. (breakfast sandwich with bacon)
o Froghollow (butternut and squash turnover, Blue Bottle coffee, apple and pear tarts)
o Hog Island Oyster Bar (clam chowder)
o Lulu (fresh potato chips)
o Ferry Plaza Seafood (clam chowder)
o Scharffen Berger Chocolate Maker (chocolate chip cookie)
o San Francisco Fish Company (soft shell crab sandwich)
o Mistral (get a small portion of the roast chicken)
o Miette (chocolate macaroons)
o Cowgirl Creamery (sample some cheeses, Mt. Tam)
o Ferry Bldg Wine Merchant (bring over some cheese from Cowgirl Creamery and enjoy with Pinot Noir)
o Nick Sciaba & Sons (olive oil)
o June Taylor (jams)
o Marshal Farms (pumpkin blossom honey)
Any that could be skipped (I can't eat all of these!) or anything I've missed that needs to be tried?
Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Updated 1 year ago | 1
Updated 4 months ago | 12
Updated 1 year ago | 22
Updated 4 months ago | 32
Updated 1 year ago | 8