We go on an annual white-water rafting trip with a group of friends where each team (4-5 people) cook one dinner for everyone. I have done various pastas, steaks, chili, jambalaya (that was a good one), fruit cobblers (dutch ovens), fresh bread... I need a new killer idea and Chowhound is the place to go. I really don't want to be like that one guy who brought frozen pizzas (I can't remember his name because he wasn't invited back!)
Here are the parameters:
1. 25 people
2. Wilderness camping, everything in on a raft.
3. Could be as long as 6 days from home before it gets cooked
4. As much prep as possible at home
5. Pre-freezing the components works the best
6. Pre-dinner cocktail and appetizer suggestions greatly appreciated
We have propane and charcoal, no open fires allowed.
Thank you in advance for your time.
Updated 2 years ago | 23
Updated 1 year ago | 18
Updated 7 months ago | 15
Updated 1 year ago | 42
Updated 1 month ago | 11