As foodies I didn't know if any of you saw D Magazine 52 things every Dallassite should do. It was on their Frontburner blog. Regardless, about 15 or so of them had to do with food around town. Some of the ones I remember off hand were...
- Get a frozen margarita at Mariano's
- Get a cinnamon roll at Mecca
- Get chili at Tolbert's
- Get Al Biernat to remember your name
- Get a steak at Dunston's
- Get chicken fried steak at Babe's
- Get Fuel City Tacos
- Get a sandwich at Jimmy's Food Store
- Hang out and people watch at Primo's
- Go to Louie's and forget they only accept AMEX
- Meet Dean Fearing
There were a few other food or restaurant related ones but I can't remember them. There were also some pretty funny non-food related ones like "Get a fake boobs", "Get lost in the downtown Dallas tunnels", and "Get pulled over in Highland Park"
I have been to most of the food places, but I have never been to Mecca so I am going to have to try them out.
I was curious as to what other chowhounders thought of the list?
Jimmy's Food Store
4901 Bryan St, Dallas, TX
423 S Main St, Grapevine, TX 76051
4217 Oak Lawn, Dallas, TX 75219
Updated 1 year ago | 5
Updated 8 months ago | 12
Updated 1 year ago | 8
Updated 12 months ago | 2
Updated 6 months ago | 1