Very satisfying, substantial lunch at Antonio's in Taipa. The food is lighter and more refined than the more rustic renditions over at A Lorcha and Litoral. What we had:
- Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Traditional Portuguese Green Cabbage Soup) - subtly-flavoured.
- Pastéis de Bacalhau (Fried Codfish Cakes) - superb here, best I'd tasted in Macau.
- Chouriço Caseiro Assado na Canoa (Grilled Homemade Portuguese Sausage) - flambeed tableside, which was interesting. Tastewise - good, but don't really have the "wow" factor.
- Salada de Polvo Português (Portuguese Octopus Salad) - blandish, but the octopus had the perfect texture.
- Arroz de Marisco à "António" (Wet Seafood Rice "Antonio" Style - crab, mussel, clams meat, prawns, served in a ceramic pot) - delish. Best thing I'd tasted in Macau for this trip.
- Galinha à Africana com Batata Gratinada e Salada Mista (African Chicken with Garlic, Onions, Chili, Ginger and Desiccated Coconut Sauce, served with Gratinated Potatoes and Mixed Salad) - very tasty, and blew the versions I previously loved at A Lorcha out of the water.
Very good service, charming atmosphere.
Antonio’s, Rua Dos Negociantes No. 3
Tel: +853 2899-9998