Friends of ours are arriving this Thursday. We'll be meeting up for lunch that day near my office. I'd like to take them somewhere with a nice terrace to the enjoy the spring weather and also so they can "see Paris" (for one friend it's his first visit to the city).
- tasty food & prompt service
- has distinct "you're in Paris" feel
- outdoor seating
- non-meat options (both friends are vegetarians but they do eat eggs, fish and seafood.)
~ 25 euros per person
My thinking so far:
- The Saut du Loup has the perfect location, but rotten everything else. Ditto for Cafe Marly.
- The Place du Marché St Honoré meets the 'parisian terrace' requirement but I don't know if any of the many restos on the place are actually any good.
- Get take-out from Cojean (which while take out, is definitely not like your typical N. American self-serve!) across from the Louvre and eat on Pont des Arts or in Tuileries. Can't really beat that for ambiance!
- Le Fumoir, which has a crap terrace but the inside is at least bright with big windows, and food & service are correct
Would love to hear your two centimes!
thanks in advance