Hey fellow chowhounds,
I am flying into town from Chicago for work and have a night on my own @ the Palomar before my colleagues join me. I'd like to take advantage and get out to enjoy some DC dining. I would love help with finding a locaiotn.
Here are the parameters with which I'm working:
1. No car, but I'm smitten with the DC metro system. Anywhere within easy/safe walking distance of the hotel or a red line Metro stop is good with me.
2. I have a reasonable per diem, but I'm extending my trip at the end on my own dime, so I'd like to stay under 100 dollars for this dinner.
3. I'm not terribly fond of steak houses, Italian (I know, and I'm sorry), or curry. Anything else is fair game. I am easily sucked into interesting and quirky menus -- particularly when they tout local ingredients and/or specialties.
4. I love fish. Especially raw fish. I think ceviche is the most magical thing in the world, followed closely by sushi.
5. I'd probably feel most comfortable sitting at a bar somewhere, but I'm willing to eat anywhere I won't feel completely awkward for being there alone.
Also: I have made opentable reservations at the following places for those days when I have people with me -- If I should cancel any of the following, please let me know!
Breakfast/Brunches: Founding Farmers, Firefly
Dinners: Central Michael Richard, AGAINN, LIMA, Panache
I appreciate any and all direction you can give me. Thanks, knowledgable restaurant goers!
1924 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20006
1099 New York Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20001