We will be coming to London for a week in early September, staying at the Marylebone Hotel on Welbeck Street.
I would very much appreciate your suggestions for
1) A pleasant restaurant for the evening we arrive. We don’t have to stay in the neighborhood of our hotel, we can take a bus or the tube.
2) Places that are close to our hotel or to Wigmore Hall, for the times we finish our event at 6pm.
3) Someplace near the New London Theatre on Drury Lane, for before a 7:30 performance.
4) Someplace for after a matinee at the National Theatre. We can stay in that area, come back across the river, or anywhere else.
5) Anyplace to get a quick meal near Royal Albert Hall.
Are there good places for about or under £20 to £30 per person? A couple of years ago, we found some lovely prix-fixe dinners, but I don’t know if they still exist. One was Garvin on Baker Street; I don’t know if that is still offered.
I would also appreciate any thoughts on these recommendations: Alloro, Arbutus, L’Escargot, St. Alban, Wild Honey, Incogniko, Maze, J. Sheekey
Prefer not to have Indian or Asian, since we have great places at home for that. We might do one Chinese dinner; I seem to remember a very good restaurant on Baker Street that was walking distance.
Thanks in advance.
Sylvia in Philadelphia
Updated 6 days ago | 87
Updated 1 day ago | 29
Updated 10 days ago | 46
Updated 1 day ago | 54
Updated 2 days ago | 19