Thanks a heap to limster for organizing this. Chowdown at St John last night was fabulous - best meal I'd had this past couple of weeks on this visit to London!
Stuff we had:
- Dressed crab on toast;
- Roast bone marrow with parsley salad;
- Terrine with pickled gherkins;
- Smoked sprats with pickled red cabbage;
- Veal brisket, potato & arugula salad;
- Brown bread ice-cream;
- Chocolate terrine with toffee ice-cream - that bar of dense, sticky chocolate was the stuff dreams are made of!!
- Eccles cake with Lancashire cheese;
- Baked cheesecake with raisins;
- Buttermilk pudding with shortbread & figs - my fave dessert for the evening!
- Fresh, baked-to-order Madeleines - fab :-)
26 St John St, Islington EC1M 4AY, United Kingdom
Updated 8 days ago | 0
Updated 1 month ago | 0
Updated 4 months ago | 7
Updated 3 months ago | 0
Updated 5 months ago | 6