What are some of your favorite quick bite items in local restaurants/deli's/pizzerias? here's my top ten go-to items
1. Everything Bagel- Scarsdale Bagels on Garth Road (there are these and then there are every other bagel).
2. Bacon Bleu Burger - Piper's Kilt in Eastchester. The best burgers in Westchester and in my opinion the best I've tasted period. Medium Are or less only!
3. Chorizo Burrito - Burrito Poblano in Tuckahoe. Perfect mix of chorizo, rice, beans, lettuce and tomato and served with delicious hot sauces and sour cream.
4. Barbara's Special Slice - Chubby's Express. The most simple and delicious pizza around. Basil, tomatoes and mozzarella and a little olive oil. Occasionally I'll bring it home and add some balsamic. The dough is what makes it though.
5. Chicken Fingers - Joe's Quarry Inn. While I should order the item that has my name attached to it (Hopper's Poppers) I usually go for these. Covered in panko breadcrumbs this is much different from most places chicken fingers.
6. Chicken Parm Slice - Amore Pizza. Can't explain it, but it's amazing. I've had them at so many other places and for whatever reason I just keep coming back to them for this specific slice.
7. General Tsao's combo platter - East Bamboo. A ton of food, always fresh, and the sauce has just the right amount of spice to go with the sweet. Also, for whatever reason their rice lately has been off the charts.
8. Crock of Chili - Piper's Kilt. Covered with raw onion and melted cheddar. Delicious.
9. Buffalo Wings - Piper's Kilt. OK so I'm there a lot, but their wings are still as good as any out there. Not the best, but solid every time.
10. Chicken Deluxe - Maple Deli - simple sandwich, but they pack it on. Sliced breaded cutlets, with lettuce tomato and mayo on a roll, served with a nice helping of french fries. I always get a side of bleu cheese for dipping the fries and the sandwich!
Honorable Mention - Irish Nachos - Mickey Spillane's, Ribs - Joe's Quarry Inn, Thin crust pizza - Roma's, Thanksgiving Wedge - Chubby's Express, Italian Combo - Mona Lisa and finally, the Eastchester Burger - Piper's Kilt.
Updated 2 months ago | 10
Updated 3 months ago | 1
Updated 11 months ago | 5
Updated 5 months ago | 1
Updated 9 months ago | 6