Thanks for listening to my rant about Loblaws. Here's my latest experience which isn't the worst I've had there, but it will be my last. Is it just me?
• Had to jump out of the way of “cart guy” who was so focused on returning a long row of carts from the parking lot that he evidently failed to see the customers in his path
• Over to the produce area, no basil
• On to the bakery, can’t get near the fresh loaves of bread because baker is blocking area w large, multi-level cart of bread. I say excuse me, I’m ignored though she does look at me…so far all I have in my cart is 2 lemons and a bunch of celery
• Fish counter next. I need scallops. No one at the counter. After 5 minutes and 30 seconds (and feeling at this point someone must be bound to show up), I decided I’d call the store on my cell and ask for customer service. As I’m doing this, someone from the deli comes over, says “I’ll try to help you, she’s on break” Lucky me, I now have scallops...over 7 1/2 minutes after arriving at the counter, even though I was the only customer there
• Deli counter – no capricola, they don’t stock it any more, she doesn’t know why. I strike out on ricotta as well, it’s all past its expiry date. This isn’t the first time this has happened
• Pharmacy area. Only stocks small sizes of Advil Cold & Sinus now. If you want more than 20 tablets, you have to buy No Name….or shop elsewhere …. 2 lemons, 1 bunch of celery and 8 scallops
• Milk is on sale…yay! $1.50/litre. Hope you can use it quick, it expires on Nov 2nd. Pity, I can’t. 2 lemons, 1 bunch of celery, 8 scallops
• Same issue w a pkg of 8 yogurt drinks, they expire Nov 3rd.
• I am now really, really unhappy because I definitely have to go somewhere else to get what I need
I debate whether just to leave my cart w customer service but in the end I use self check-out and head to Sobeys where I found everything I needed, including my new grocery store.
Dear Loblaws, you have been letting me down for almost 2 years now. I’ve watched your stores being re-branded which translated into narrower isles, fewer name brand goods, isles constantly blocked with skids or carts of merchandise waiting for someone to put it on shelves, a deterioration in the quality of PC products, self-bag check-out counters with no room for people and carts, and a charge for bags. Customer service is non-existent and at times, snarly.
The new Insider’s Report comes out next week. I know I’ll look at it and want to try the new products but I just can’t go back to Loblaws.