I went to Le Select on Sat. before heading to Second City.
- nice crunch, crust was a little too "strong", needed to be flakier
- very salty, filling was salty, as was the goat cheese.
Goat Cheese & Beet Salad
- great salad, beets were perfectly cooked, with a little crunch.
- nice blend of sweetness from the beets and saltiness of the goat cheese
- parsnip puree was perfect, nice considency and seasoning.
- the cheeks had nice texture and colour, but flavour was lacking.
Braised Lamb shank
- absolutely no flavour, none, like it was braised in hot water
- saffron risotto wasn't arborio or carnaroli, just plain long grain rice, and undercooked.
- nothing good about this dish at all, we sent it back and had it taken off the bill!
- served with "creme brulee" sugar topping
- sweet, tart, wonderful, the saving grace of the evening.
- it's chocolate mousse!
Overall, not a good experience, would not recommend or go back.