Heading to DC for work and I am solo for 5 nights. I will have no car but will travel the metro or walk starting from Club Quarters.
I arrive on Sunday late afternoon and want to have a nice meal with Soft Shell Crabs and maybe some crab cakes. Any suggestions for the best available close to the hotel or metro?
All meals are based on per diem, so I am trying to keep lunches under $15 before tax and tip and dinners are $40 before tax and tip.
I am looking for locals only type places. I appreciate all types of ethnic cuisine and would love your recs. I currently live in LA, so not looking for recommendations on Thai, Korean, Mexican, Salvodorean, Japanese, and Chinese.
Here is what I have gathered for recommendations so far:
1. Rays HellBurger
2. Rosemary's Thyme (What do I get here?)
3. Ben's Chili Bowl (Is there a better place for a half smoke?)
4. Founding Farmers
5. Addis Abada (Is this the best Ethiopian, is is meat friendly? What do you recommend?)
6. Central (Is this a good place to dine solo? Do they have a bar? What is the thing to order here for 1?)
7. Sundevich (What is your favorite here?)
8. Bangkok Joe's
10. Oohs and Aahhs
11. Filter Coffee
12. Swings Coffee
Anything else you would recommend? Any types of cuisine I missed?
Thank you in advance for your help. I cant wait to explore your great city.
Updated 1 year ago | 9
Updated 1 year ago | 28
Updated 3 months ago | 1
Updated 1 year ago | 13
Updated 1 year ago | 35