I just went this past weekend. Here's my short review:
1. fried turkey leg - it was good, but not really special as only the skin tasted different from what a usual turkey leg would. It had some sauce (bbq?) which made it taste better, but wasn't anything special.
2. corn on the cob - best food at the fair that I tried
3. krispy kreme fried chicken sandwich - suprisingly good, second to the corn. You could taste this nice combo of the sweetness from the glazed doughnuts and the saltier chicken, with a tinge of honey.
4. deep fried snickers - kind of like a corn dog with snickers filling. Warm and gooey on the inside. I had to pick out all those nuts stuck to my teeth at the end of the day (exaggerated). Not bad but not great either.
5. deep fried twinkies - was this even deep fried? could barely taste the difference, or at least it wasn't much of one. maybe expectations were too high. tasted like a regular twinkies with strawberry sauce on top. I noticed a light crispness to it.
6. deep fried oreos - best of the DF lot IMO. Kind of like the snickers in that it was a bit gooey.
7. lemonade near the Chuck Wagon - more on the sweet side which is what I like
8. lemonade across the Alta Dena Milk stand - crap, tasted like lemons with water
9. BBQ brisket sandwich at Chuck Wagon - bbq sauce saved the dish as the brisket was too dry.
10. funnel cake - nothing special
11. Dr. Bob's ice cream - had a double scoop of Dark Chocolate and Rasberry Cabernet Sorbet. I like the DC at Fossilman's better. I'm not a fan of sorbet, but the Ras Cab was really good. I also didn't think it was all that buttery per some of the other reviews I've read here.
There was a lot more food, but I wasn't really interested in trying those as I thought they'd be comparable elsewhere. I mostly just wanted to try the DF candies and turkey leg which I didn't know where else to get outside of the fair. All in all, the food wasn't horrible or anything. I think for me, they were more like novelties that you just had to try once. In fairness, multiple places served the same food so peoples' mileage could vary. In terms of price, I thought everything was overpriced by about double what they were worth. That was expected. Bottom line, my taste may differ from yours. I thought it was worth trying once, but don't expect to go back anytime in the near future.