my girlfriend and I are going to Japan the third week of April. We will be staying in Kyoto first for four nights, and then in Tokyo (Asakusa) for another 4. Can the Japanese chowhounders makwe some good lunch and dinner recommendations for two NYers looking to runt he gamut? We would like to go to Nara as well for a day trip, so a lunch rec there would be great too.
On my list are:
- sushi at Tsukiji: Sushi-Sen?
- Kaiseki in Kyoto in the $100~YEN12,000 or less range (if possible)
- superior tonkatsu (with kurobuta pork? or other 'heritage' breed?)
- your favorite tempura
- a good-cool-fun izakaya
- great ramen
- a little off topic but... karaoke?
- things this gaijin doesn't know about...
Updated 1 month ago | 3
Updated 2 months ago | 6
Updated 5 months ago | 4
Updated 5 months ago | 8
Updated 3 months ago | 3