Dragon-i is that very successful restaurant chain that introduced astonishingly good & authentic Shanghainese food to Malaysia. Its "xiao long bao" and "la mian" are delicious and every bit as good as those one'll find in Shanghai, China, itself.
Our dinner this evening included:
- "Xiao long bao', of course. The pork filling was sweet & savory at the same time, the soup delicate & not oily. Absolutely delicious.
- Dongpo Pork, a Hangzhou specialty - unfortunately, I found the version here to be a bit bland, and the accompanying steamed butterfly-shaped buns too dry.
- Sweet-sour pork - delicious here, definitely one of the best in town!
- Vinegar-flavored pork-ribs. Very good.
- Spinach-topped beancurd, braised with mixed mushrooms & broccoli.
- Desserts were steamed buns with lotus paste & red bean filling,and crisp-fried durian puffs. Both were well-made, though the puffs were slightly on the oily side.
Service was prompt & the food was prepared & served very efficiently indeed.
Lot S313A, 2nd Floor Highstreet,
1 Utama Shopping Mall,
47800 Petaling Jaya,
tel : +603-7725 8822