In a nice role reversal (for me at least) I get to accompany my lovely wife (yes, it's her real name) back to one of our favorite cities in the world next Thursday. I get to go play while she works (Sat-Sun) but need to do a good job of planning our time together so I'm asking the hounds to review my research so far and point me in the right directions.
This will be only her second time in the Crescent City, the first (@ 6-7 years ago) we hit as many of the requisites as possible, Mother's, Central Grocery, CdM, Johnny's, Emeril's, Commanders, and (RIP) Mike's on the Avenue. In subsequent trips I've been to Upperline, Delmonico's, Red Fish, NOLA, and a few others.
Dinner Sat. had been set up at Red Fish by the planners of her event. I've combed this board's posts for the past year and cross ref'd with Tom Fitzmorris' website as places have reopened.
Lady PB is a substance over style kinda gal and loves "discovering" the little hidden gems. Here's my list of gots and needs along with some questions. Greatly appreciate any thoughts on any or all.
1. Need a little coffee and beignet place in the VC since she's not a breakfast eater. Last visit I recall hearing about a small place btwn Jackson Sq. and Bourbon St. iirc, would prefer not going down to CdM.
2. Arriving Thur. afternoon, thinking of walking down Magazine St. around 4 PM to Dick & Jenny's for dinner then catching a cab back to the Quarter. Good idea or no?
3. Friday lunch at Bon Ton. Also considered Rene Bistro or Gabrielle. Friday dinner had also thought about Bon Ton but have become intrigued by comments on Meauxbar as well as Chen's Asian-Cajun.
4. Sunday dinner, have noticed quite a few places closed this day. Wondering if we could do a crawl and sample just a dish or two at any of the following, that is if they have a bar area or otherwise would be amendable. Thinking of Marisol, Rene Bistro, Sazerac, and Galatoire's. Also had Muriel's and Herbsaint on the radar.
5. Sat-Sun lunches I'm on my own, have five that got my interest: Tujage's, Rest. August, Fiorello's, Coop's, and Tommy's Cuisine.
Lastly, flying out fairly early the following Monday. Any ideas for something we could pick up Sun. night to take on the plane. Last trip we stopped at the Comeback Inn in Metarie and picked up a muffaletta. Would love to hear any other suggestions.
TIA for your help, I'll be sure to report back after we return to CA.
Updated 1 year ago | 3
Updated 20 hours ago | 26
Updated 2 hours ago | 70
Updated 1 hour ago | 19
Updated 9 days ago | 67