Fellow 'hounds, help me out here if you can. I need a restaurant in Baltimore, or between baltimore and Columbia, that meets the following criteria for a dinner with my parents and my girlfriend:
1) Jeans are perfectly appropriate attire for both men and women
2) Can't be primarily a bar or pub as there are extreme smoke sensitivities
3) Nothing you would consider "ethnic" including italian
4) Ideally, would have appeal for a "meat and potatoes" crowd without being too boring
5) Seafood is OK, but can't be primarily finfish.
Sorry for all the criteria, I am trying to cater to diverse interests here. We have been to Mama's a bunch for this purpose and I have been instructed to find somewhere new this time. One place that came to mind was Birches. Another was Brewer's Art but I'm not sure if they're cool with jeans there as I haven't been. Any other suggestions greatly appreciated.
Just to clarify: we're not talking sneakers/t-shirt with the jeans. Casual shoes and polo / button down shirts (or sweaters) for the guys, and whatever the approximate equivalent would be for females.