Here's yet another post looking for suggestions from the local hounds. My dad and his wife are coming into Chapel Hill for a night and we are going to meet them for dinner. They will have been driving a lot that day, so I don't want to get in the car and take them back over to the Raleigh/Cary area I know better. I need some Chapel Hill expertise, and you are the folks to deliver it!
I'm going to throw you a laundry list of criteria to help you help me find the perfect place to meet everybody's preferences in our dining group.
RULES OF THE GAME:
1) In or very close to CH. No significant driving (especially since it's a Friday evening).
2) Mildly upscale is okay, but nothing "coat-and-tie" dressy.
3) No place where the only good thing to eat is beef dishes or barbequed pork. One of our party prefers chicken/fish/veggies to beef and pork.
4) Must allow for table conversation. No noisy pub-dives, takeouts, or counter dining.
5) Ethnic foods are highly prized. Almost any culture, but authentic native style... Not fusion places such as Jujube or Lantern (based on what I infer from their menus).
Rule 6: THERE IS NO........................................rule six!
7) One of our party is not a fan of Thai food (dock that person several million points!!!)
Okay, gang. Work your magic! :)
Dang, if only Queen of Sheba was still open. We all loved that dining experience the last time they drove through town.
Updated 2 days ago | 25
Updated 19 hours ago | 11
Updated 2 days ago | 23
Updated 4 days ago | 46
Updated 16 hours ago | 10