Finally got around to trying Incanto's "Quinto Quarto" fixed-price offal dinner
- crisp-fried sweetbreads with soft noodle-like beef tendon, minutina, and fresh chiles: amazing, the best thing I've eaten in months, sort of Sichuan-Italian fusion
- Sicilian-style spleen panino: this was a variation of an item on the regular menu that night!
- pork tripe, beans, and blood cooked in a pig's bladder: also amazing
- whole roasted lamb's head smothered in onions (whole meaning one whole head per person: jowls, tongue, brain, eyeballs): tasty and lots of fun to eat
- candied cockscomb with candied kumquats, blood orange, and mint: very nice light dessert after the rich food
Cost $65 per person, optional $30 wine pairing was well worth it, the wines were very well matched.
I highly recommend this if you like that sort of thing. Book a week ahead for a party of two or more. I suggest not too many more as you're more likely to get more insanely labor-intensive items (like the bladder) with a smaller party.
Speaking of offal, the 4th annual head-to-tail dinner is May 21. They're also having a book-signing dinner for Marco Pierre White on May 8.
Updated 12 days ago | 38
Updated 3 days ago | 71
Updated 7 days ago | 120
Updated 4 days ago | 43
Updated 17 days ago | 34