I discovered the joy of home roasting years ago. It is literally the best coffee you will ever drink! My french roast has a chocolate flavor that I've only encountered in Europe. It's also incredibly inexpensive!
My technique is simple.
- Buy green coffee beans from internet suppliers
- Roast beans in an old hot-air popcorn popper
- Listen for the crack stages to get the desired roast
- Cool beans quickly in a metal colander
- Wait 24 hours before sealing
- Grind, brew and consume within 5 days
Please share your experiences.
What is your technique?
Where do you get your beans and what types do you use?
How are you dealing with the smoke? (I do all my roasting outside.)