ok. so last year was the first year i made anything to give for the holidays (not food related, so i won't go into it here) and this year i'm having trouble deciding what food gift to make. can you help make my homemade christmas bright? (or at least my loved ones' christmas bright.)
the gift must:
- be on the inexpensive side (no truffle-laced blah blah blah for me)
- be easy to package and ship
- not require any sterilization/canning
- be able to be made in one big batch at one time
- be sort of unexpected and not super-traditional
i was thinking of:
- cranberry (or other flavored) vinegar (but this requires sterilization, i know)
- peppermint bark (is it too restoration hardware?)
- rosemary salt (would they use it?)
thoughts on these? what other ideas do you have?
[for the record, thanks to the post at life begins at thirty (http://fogcity.blogs.com/jen/2004/11/...) i've looked at the post below but was overwhelmed.