Here’s my chance to say something to let you know how I feel, what I would like to change, what you could improve upon, in the stoves that are manufactured today.
1. Do you think you could make burners that actually fit the cookware of today??? I have a Kenmore induction cooktop – 5 burner (1 warming 6”, 2 small 6” and 2 convertible 6”/9”) that I have a heck of a time finding pots that fit. When was the last time you found a 9” pot??? When was the last time you cooked for a family of 4 in a 9” pan?? All frying pans seem to be in even numbers – 8”, 10”, 12”, etc. and the specs for the stove say not to go over the burner “ring” by more than an inch????
2. Where did all the small appliance outlets go??? There are still some of us that live in older houses with kitchens lacking plug-ins (or convenient ones anyway) that would love to be able to plug into the stove instead of unplugging the coffeemaker, toaster, etc. and putting a hot electric wok on the countertop instead of plugging it into the stove and using it there where it can handle the heat.
3. What’s with whimpy oven racks?? You make an oven that is HUGE, then put racks in there that can’t handle any real weight without sagging???
4. Why did you put the oven vent underneath the burner knobs??? That does nothing but make a big mess!! I have to clean the area after each oven use as it greases up, turns brown all around the vent and looks ugly!! Never mind the steam that comes out of it and puddles on the stovetop – means if you are cooking on that rear burner and baking at the same time you get to hear the lovely sound of water hitting the edge of the burner and going “sisssssss” all the time!
What I DO like:
1. The oven is HUGE (that’s the main reason I bought this particular stove), I can do multiple racks of things at the same time without generally having to switch positions of things – I can do two pans of French fries on the same rack at the same time – LOVE IT!!
2. The burner heat control is very nice – if you need scorching heat you can get it or if you need to simmer you can do that very well also.
3. With the right cleaning products this baby cleans up like a dream!! Every time I clean it my husband always comments that it cleans up like new! Even the burnt marks come right off and it shines.
4. Digital controls are awesome – easy to use and understand. No more standing at the stove with a puzzled look going what does this button control???
5. Excellent broiling – with so many rack positions you can get the food right where it needs to be. The broiler heats up quickly.
I am sure there are other things I could both complain/compliment on, but I’d like to hear what others would like to add! (Thanks for the idea breadchick, let’s see where this one goes).
Updated 1 year ago | 1
Updated 1 year ago | 10
Updated 17 days ago | 4
Updated 9 months ago | 11
Updated 4 months ago | 1