Hendersonville is getting big enough now that it really should have its own best-of list separate from Asheville's. Here are my top picks (based on eight years of living here) along with what they do best...
1. West First Wood-Fired Pizza (for salads, thin crust pizza, and pasta)
2. Flat Rock Village Bakery (for muffins, scones, breads, and other wood-fired goodies)
3. One Love Jamaican (for collards, corn bread, Jerk Chicken, Oxtail stew...hell, it's ALL good)
4. Umi (for sushi)
5. Flight (for wood-fired meats and various yummy dipping sauces)
6. Papa's & Beer (for tortas and tacos--though I still think the one on Brevard Road is better)
7. Blue Water (for fish and shellfish)
Pending: Never Blue (have only been once and it was just "okay"), Square 1, Mountain Deli, and Vue.
What else have I missed, guys?