I believe maharashtrian cuisine is pretty much underrepresented on the web, so I thought of creating a list.
Vadapav is what one would usually associate marathi food with, however there is a lot in store for the discerning chowhound.
Like it's cousin gujarati food, marathi food uses several flavoring agents like peanuts,sesame,coconut,jaggery, cocoum, asafoetida along with the usual garam masala.
Now here comes the list, you would be able to locate all these places on google maps.
1. Badshahi, on Tilak Road. go there for the best maharashtrian snacks like misal, sabudana vada, thalipeeth( a must try,hard to get outside homes). The meals too are good,but it's tough to get a seat.
2. Bedekar misal, Narayan Peth. Go there for the most lip smacking misal-pav.
3. SiddhiVinayak dining hall, Tilak Road. I consider this to be the most authentic marathi thali.
4. Shreyas dining hall, Apte Road- another good thali.
5. Bipin snacks- Karve Road,near Sahyadri Hospital. The sabudana khichadi pav-pattice.
6. Girija, near Nal stop, KArve Road. the rural variant of marathi cuisine is served here. Try the pithla bhakri and "kurdai" and "solkadhi" here.