On Friday night we hit Max in Sherman Oaks. It was our second time eating there. This place is really, really good.
It was just the two of us at the tiny bar and we had:
- Foie gras on brioche and berries.
- Arugula, radicchio and romaine salad with Gorgonzola, candied pecans, and warm apples.
- Pork belly confit with gnocchi
- Braised beef short ribs with spaetzle
- Chocolate bread pudding dessert
Each dish was excellent just like the first time we went. We really enjoyed sitting at the bar talking to the bartender Westin, one of the waiters (the tall guy with long hair that sounds like Tom Brokaw as they describe him), and the chef Jason. We stayed until closing, and Jason couldn’t have been nicer. I mentioned that I was going to make a duck the next day, and he even gave me some mango chutney to take home to serve with it. The wine prices are very reasonable as well. This is easily one of the best places in the valley to eat.
Updated 8 months ago | 5
Updated 9 months ago | 5
Updated 1 year ago | 3
Updated 2 years ago | 4
Updated 1 year ago | 5