I'm looking for a good, chow-ish, casual place to have dinner before a movie at the Detroit Film Theater (at the Detroit Institute of Arts) on Saturday, October 20. The movie begins at 9:30. Our party consists of me, my husband, and 12-year-old daughter. My criteria are:
* Located in downtown or mid-town Detroit, or somewhere in the rough triangle of Woodward / Twelve Mile / Jefferson. (Ferndale, Madison Heights, Warren, would be great.)
* Not terribly expensive (i.e., good selection of entrees and sandwiches $10 or less)
* Reasonably good service, not terribly long waits. (We'll probably arrive around 6:00/6:15, and should leave around 8:30 or 9:00 depending on distance from DIA.)
* Serves variety of items in the burgers, sandwiches, pub grub categories. Husband and child's tastes run to traditional and simple; I'm more adventurous.
* Husband likes microbrew beers, I like hard cider, wine, and cocktails, daughter likes Shirley Temples.
Thanks so much.