I will be trying new Gefilte Fish Recipes - Would love some input form chow hounds.
Looking to make traditional Polish Ashkenaz style recipe.
Tips I've accumulated thus far...
1. Don't grind fish too smooth
2. Use fresh-water white fish ... avoid salt-water species
3. Add sugar to the broth, not the fish mixture
4. Controversy re: adding any sugar at all
4. Important to include head and bones for broth
5. Flour vs. Potato Starch controversial
6. Make horseradish home-made.
Any input would be most appreciated