Am I the only one who finds some of the portion sizes at certain trucks to be a bit iffy? Or is it that I just consume more food than the average person? (Quite possible!) I'm not sure I see the point of some of these trucks and their cost models.
Some examples from my recent travels, mostly around the financial district:
- Bi Bim Bap at the Fugu truck. Maybe 1/2 cup of rice, a decent amount of veg, but I'd estimate that I was given 1.5 tbsp of pork. Isn't the pork what makes the dish?
- Anything at the A4 truck. Sandwiches, maybe 25% smaller than what I'd consider a decent portion. Salad, ridiculous. A handful of leaves and 1oz of chicken, for $10.
- Soba noodle salad at Bon Mi. An enjoyable dish but just not quite enough there.
- Tacos at the Baja Taco Truck. These come in sets of two. Three is an ideal meal. I can easily kill four, to be honest, but at twice the price..?
... on the flip side, portions that are consistently quite adequate:
- Pretty much anything at the Momogoose truck
- Entrees at the Biryani Park truck
- Wraps at the Chubby Chickpea truck (I'm not sure I love their food, but the portion size is quite decent)
- Sandwiches at the Dining Car truck
- Tacos at The Taco Truck (sold individually, so it's much easier to create an ideally-sized meal)
Updated 1 month ago | 0
Updated 5 months ago | 12
Updated 5 months ago | 13
Updated 18 days ago | 5
Updated 6 months ago | 5