It is my understanding that Jules Verne/Eiffel Tower/Paris has a fixed price LUNCH at about US$50 (please correct if this is inaccurate).
(1) Do they also have a Fixed Price DINNER?
(2) If yes, how much (prefer US$, but can convert) and could you describe a typical menu?
(3) If no, what's a good "Plan B" so we get a reasonable variety without (a) getting more food than we need just to taste a bit of everything and (b) thereby killing ourselves financially
(4) Is gratuity included or extra?
(5) How far in advance to make reservations, esp. to get good views etc
(6) Are there any hints/"tricks" to getting best service/"extra's" -- want to take the wife for her 40th birthday.
(7) Wine included or extra? If extra, how much for a modest bottle or 2 (assuming they will recommend)?
Also, we are complete tourist types, don't speak a lick of French (so will be unable to really read menu's) and don't know one bottle of wine from another (we drink Beringer and LIKE it, but we still appreciate good eats) -- are these going to stand against us badly in this setting, or are they patient with "our type"?
Thanks all. 8/10/00