After a comprehensive review of many posts on this site, my girlfriend and I have compiled the following itinerary. Given the short amount of time we have (and we want to make time for tapas/pintxos), we have to make some difficult choices and wanted your thoughts on how to trade off some of the restaurants.
Would really appreciate your feedback! Also, to avoid the inevitable "you need to extend your stay/everything is too rushed", we would love to do that too! Unfortunately, just can't afford the time/leave from work sigh.. hence, the need for advice on our dilemmas!
Also, the days of the week below don't run in order as we have non-gastronomy focused trips organised within the gaps.
Day 1 (Fri)
- Lunch: Alkimia
- Dinner: Dilemma #1 - ABAC or Gresca?
- Supper: Dilemma #2 - would we be too full to enjoy Cal Pep? There are only two of us so they don't take reservations. Would it be impossible to get seats if we show up ~10:30/11:00PM?
Day 2 (Sat)
- Breakfast: La Boqueria
- Lunch: Fonda Gaig
- Dinner: Dilemma #3 - Gelonch or Hisop?
Dilemma #4 - How to fit in Cinc Sertis: afternoon snack? supper? cancel one of the above meals?
Dilemma #5 - Tapas/pintxos: how to whittle down the list below into 3-5
Quimet y quimet, La Vinya del Senyor, Escriba, Tapas24, Taktika Berri, Jamonismo, El Vaso de Oro, Euskal Extea
Day 3 (Sun): Major challenge as most places appear closed. Any recommendations? Right now, all we have is:
- Lunch: Kaiku
To add to our heartache, Sant Pau has no availability during the days we will be in Barcelona.
Day 1 (Wed)
- Lunch: Etxebarri
- Dinner: Dilemma #6 - Thinking of pintxos, given heavy lunch expected. Any advice on how to choose amongst Alona Berri, Bar Txepetxa, Bar Ganbara, and La Cepa?
Day 2 (Thu)
- Lunch: Akelarre
- Dinner: Mugaritz
Day 3 (Fri)
- Lunch: Arzak
Day 1 (Mon)
- Lunch: El Club Allard
- Dinner: [Open for recommendations]
Day 2 (Tues)
- Lunch: Sergi Arola Gastro
- Dinner: Restaurant Ramón Freixa
Thanks so much in advance to everyone for your help! Really appreciate your feedback/advice.
Updated 1 month ago | 2
Updated 2 months ago | 32
Updated 2 years ago | 17
Updated 1 year ago | 2
Updated 2 months ago | 14