I'm looking for inspiration on tangy shredded salads that have dressings that are NOT mayo-based.
Things I've made and enjoy include:
- Som tum, including made with yardlong beans in place of green papaya
- Thai green mango salad
- Burmese green tea leaf salad
- Burmese pickled ginger salad
- Jicama slaws (of varying types)
- Fennel/apple slaw or salad (the Top Chef cookbook has a particularly interesting one with an apple cider, cumin dressing)
What types of crisp, refreshing, possibly spicy, tangy, or zesty sides do you make? Any recipes or suggestions for interesting dressings? What other fruit or veg have worked well in these types of preps?
Updated 2 months ago | 15
Updated 3 months ago | 0
Updated 15 hours ago | 149
Updated 1 month ago | 4
Updated 6 hours ago | 51