Dear Chowhounds on the UK/ Ireland board:
Thank you for your invaluable advice and suggestions for my vacations in the UK. My wife and I will be relocating back to Asia early next year. We are planning one final hurrah in London and to take in the theatre before our return as we are uncertain when we will return. With that, I would like to seek your advice on 5 dinners at the * restaurants in London. Some guidelines for your consideration include:
a) A preference to avoid French cuisine, as we have been fortunate to dine in Paris on many occasions
b) A desire to avoid the gastropub scene as we have taken in much of this on our vacations across the UK
c) Given our soon to be close proximity in Asia, we would like to avoid Chinese and Indian fare
After much research on the UK/ Ireland board, I narrowed down our choices to:
1. The Fat Duck (Bray) - we were unfortunately unable to secure a reservation but have been placed on the Wait List. A back up would be greatly appreciated.
2. The Ledbury - Reservation secured
3. Marcus Wareing - Reservation secured
4. The Square - Reservation secured
5. One final suggestion would be appreciated as we were unable to obtain a table at Le Gavroche during our planned trip
I look forward to your kind suggestions on how my wife and I can take great memories of the London dining scene back to Asia.