I just had a startling experience while cooking dinner. A bottle of Virgil's Zero Root Beer that was sitting on the floor of the kitchen suddenly exploded while I walked past it. The cat and I both jumped a foot in the air. I had a moment of panicked confusion while I wondered how anything I was cooking could have exploded - then I saw the bottle pieces and the soda all over the floor. I guess I'm just lucky I wasn't leaning over it, otherwise I might have gotten glass in my face and not just in my arm.
I've never heard of this happening with anything but homemade, homebottled carbonated beverages before. Have any of you?