I have a bit of a pointed questions for my Napa tour that I'm hoping you all will be able to help with.
We're heading from Eureka to Napa for a 12:45pm appt. at Pride Mountain Vineyard (towards the end of a road trip from Seattle to San Francisco). I know the drive along the coast from Eureka directly to Pride is going to take about 6 hours. After the tasting, we'd like to have a picnic on their grounds.
So my question is whether there is anywhere on the way to Pride Mountain Vineyard coming from Eureka to grab some great picnic food? Anything from some good bread and cheese to fresh fruit and more substantial picnic-y type foods.
And if anyone feels like dispensing more Napa-itinerary advice, here's our plan:
- Pride for tasting and lunch
- Storybook Mountain for a late tasting (3pm)
- Anywhere open after that? If not, maybe a drink at Auberge
- AM tour / tasting at Hendry
- Open afternoon. Thinking maybe Artesa, Elyse, Robert Sinskey... but would love some more suggestions, of course. Since we're going to be further up north the previous day, I'm looking into places between Yountville and downtown Napa.
- Dinner at Ad Hoc later in the evening (~8pm)
Friday... of to the city!
Thanks to all in advance. Can't wait for the trip : )