Hi _ I am always on the prowl for unusual places in Nassau. Really good (and preferably really inexpensive) food. I have tried these places and they are good - the real deal. Any other suggestions are appreciated.
• Barraida (Mineola) - great Portugese wood charcoal BBQ
• Pollos el Paisa (Westbury) - Colombian
• Sripraphai (Wiliiston Park) - legendary Thai
• Heritage of India (New Hyde Park) - Indian - good but overpriced
• Rang Mahal (Hicksville) - Indian - excellent - but ridiculously overpriced
• Tangra Masala (New Hyde Park) - Indo/Chinese - excellent
• Masala Wok (Hicksville) - - Indo/Chinese - excellent
• Taka (Westbury) - Japanese - very good, but Taka is a sociopath, too bad
Is there any Chinese that doesn't suck? Something like Joe's Shanghai in Flushing? Or Korean? Or Indian places that are really good that are not stupid overpriced? What about Jamaican? And I do not consider Besito relevant to this discussion!
My wife is Japanese - so we have that covered. No Chinese or Korean sushi please!