I would love to buy an espresso machine. Not sure where to land on the semi-auto--auto--super spectrum. Here are my requirements; are they really irreconcilable?
- I don't have a ton of space, and we want to be able to make coffee as well (same machine or both machines need to be small-ish)
- I don't want a plastic-on-the-inside Piece-of-You-Know-What
- Some kind of scheduled auto-on would be nice...at least for coffee
- The idea of some level of control of espresso-making would be nice
- Milk steaming / frothing definitely something we'll be doing
- Not interested in pods
I feel like the auto-on and coffee-and-espresso requirements point to a super-automatic, but are they so restrictive and pre-programmed (e.g. how much water, how much time) that if you don't like their programmed way, you're screwed?
If I get one of the less expensive super-automatics (i.e. <$1000), am I getting myself a low-quality, short-lived product?
Thanks in advance, coffee-hounds!