I'll be visiting Manhattan for a few days and have been reviewing the NY boards lately almost as much as the Chow-boards of my Los Angeles hometown. I have a few specific questions I have not yet found answers on and would be most grateful for opinions:
1) We are staying at the Essex House on Central Park South, are there any "must haves" or highly recommend walk-in (short or no reservation required) places or carts nearby?
2) We are planning to take the bus from Port Authority to Giants Stadium for one of the Springsteen shows, do you have any recommendations for non-hassle, on the light side, food to take on the bus and eat there (outside)? I've read we can't bring anything in the stadium and that the food is bad there, so any opinions would be welcomed.
3) One day of our visit will be touristy as we are bringing a 17 year old who hasn't been to NY, do you have any recommendations for the Times Square area? If there are any other quick recommendations near other touristy sites, those would be appreciated too.
4) Pizza and hot dog recommendations would be welcomed, as well as some quick lighter/healthier ideas.
5) Any other "must do" and/or "very new york" ideas would be appreciated, especially spur of the moment type things (we have the higher end meals planned).
Thank you in advance for your help!
Updated 1 year ago | 5
Updated 2 months ago | 17
Updated 6 hours ago | 65
Updated 6 days ago | 137
Updated 2 days ago | 18