My husband and I will be in Edinburgh at the end of this month and are looking for some great dining and pub recommendations. Some requirements -
- We will be staying at the Hotel Missoni and would prefer suggestions that are in walking distance or at the very least a short cab ride from there.
- Speaking of the Hotel Missoni - has anyone eaten at their Cucina? Is it good for a meal or two or should we definitely go elsewhere?
- We'd like recommendations for all times of the day - great breakfasts, lunches and dinner.
- We love fine dining and are relatively adventurous; however, we won't be traveling with formal attire, so no recommendations that would require a jacket and tie for my husband or a dress for me please.
- Would love recommendations for places with local sourcing/flavors/atmosphere. It doesn't have to be traditional Scottish food, but definitely not French (we're going to France too and I suspect we'll get our fill of French food there).
- A great recommendation for fish and chips would be wonderful, although we'll also be in London on this trip and plan on going to Master's Superfish based on Chowhound recommendations here. If you think that's the preeminent fish and chips place, we'll call that good. :)
- Would also love recommendations to some traditional Scottish pubs with good whisky and beer.
Thanks very much!
Updated 1 year ago | 0
Updated 3 months ago | 0
Updated 5 months ago | 26
Updated 1 year ago | 4
Updated 2 years ago | 5