We're having a family reunion this summer. Here's what we've got planned:
- a 65-pound pig, roasted in a Caja China
- grilled mixed vegetables
- potato salad with leeks and asparagus
- marinated carrot salad with ginger & sesame oil
- corn on the cob, roasted in the coals, with herbed butter
- that old garlic bread standby, Texas Toast
- Beverages will be iced tea, sodas, beer, red and white sangria.
- Desserts will be provided by the family members who live in the area, so I have no idea. But we'll have a cotton candy machine...
Anyway, here's where I could use some guidance: for those few who won't want to eat pork, we like to have an alternate meat. And even those who do eat the pork will probably want some, too. Since we'll be having a roasted chicken salad earlier in the day, to round out a hotdog/hamburger lunch, I think it should probably be beef. I'd like to keep the preparation relatively simple and, if possible, make it the day before the party.
Anybody have any tried-and-true suggestions to throw my way?