Hello, fellow hounders,
NYC chowhounder coming to San Diego for a seminar/conference for 6 days. Really need some good recommendations for places to eat! Here's some details:
1) Conference is at the Town and Country on Hotel Circle North, so any lunch places would have to be near here (if there are any). Dinner can be further afield.
2) All cuisines are great EXCEPT pizza/pasta places--gluten intolerant, unfortunately.
3) It would be great to have some places that can handle groups (6-10).
4) Casual is better. Food trucks/carts are perfectly acceptable.
5) Cheap (<$15 entree) is great, moderately priced ($15-$25 entree) is fine, more expensive would have to be REALLY special.
6) If there's any place that's really unique to San Diego, that's a big plus.
Chowhound had always had my back when I've needed to find great food while travelling. I promise to report back after the trip!