We are foodies, and are taking out my parents next weekend who are most decidedly non-foodies. Can you make suggestions that will satisfy everyone's palate:
1. Good enough for the foodies to be happy
2. "Simple" appearing menu. The more I have to explain the different foods/preparations to the parents, the more scared they get
3. Price is not a factor
4. They won't eat Asian or Mexican or Sushi. And no buffets.
5. Not really interested in a steak house - but if that's the only option, then I guess that's OK.
6. We don't want to have to wear tie/jacket
I think classic Italian may be OK. But if there's too many dishes with foie gras, truffles, offal etc, then they won't find anything they like. OTOH, I don't want to eat linguine with clam sauce, or overwrought lasagne that I can make better at home.
Thanks in advance: