What are some of your favorite sweets in the area? I'l name a few that come to my own mind.
1) Stam's chocolates - there's something I really really like about Stam's gooey centers mixed with the oh-so easy to melt chocolate coverings of Stam's chocolates. Extra fun with the artistry of the seasonal chocolates. I especially like the look of the fall seasonal chocolates.
2) Buzzard Billy's "Bacon Wrapped Andouille" - this appetizer is far better than it has any right to be. Take a chunk of andouille, wrap it in bacon, then douse it with maple syrup. I almost asked them to cancel my order and keep sending me more the first time I had it.
3) Bake Shoppe Petit Fours - Simple, excellent.
4) Latin King Tiramisu - While nearly every restaurant has it on the dessert menu, the newness of Tiramisu means there's a huge amount of variability. Latin King wins my vote. While it's not perfect every time, when Latin King gets it right, their Tiramisu is light, fluffy, creamy, and coffee'y in just the right combination for me.
5) Palmer's Deli Pumpkin Bars - What can I say? They taste exactly like my mother makes, except thicker, and with more frosting. :)