I'm coming into STL for a conference and have to find a place for dinner solo on the first night (but if the conference food is lousy, I may be grabbing dinner on a second night too).
Here are my requirements:
1. Price. I'll be on Government per diem ($26?), but am willing to go a few dollars above that for a good meal. I'd also be willing to go fairly far above that (~$50) for a great meal, say at An American Place.
2. Location. I'm staying at the St. Louis Pavilion, which I understand is right next to Busch Stadium. I'd prefer something within a few blocks walking distance, or something no more than a couple of stops away on MetroLink.
3. Solo dining. I'd like someplace where it would be okay to dine solo, or at the bar.
4. Dress. I'm fine with upscale/formal, but have no problem walking into total dives.
From perusing the board, I have a few thoughts:
1. An American Place - can I eat at the bar? I assume I can't get a reservation at this point.
2. Red Moon - Also, is it possible to eat at the bar?
3. Charlie Gitto's - saw only limited info on this, but maybe I didn't scroll down far enough.
4. Iron Barley - not my speed, based on what I've read here and on their menu.
Ethnic would be great, but it's not required, and I prefer no Indian (or Ethiopian, but I suspect there's not as much of that in St. Louis as in DC).
Any info on the above, or other possibilities, would be very much appreciated!
Updated 3 months ago | 1
Updated 3 months ago | 5
Updated 5 months ago | 46
Updated 1 year ago | 1
Updated 2 years ago | 10