This gets occasional one line mentions, but the menu looks just great to me.
It is open till 2 am for desserts, drinks and Prague dogs or 'parek v rohlíku' ... what is that. I can't tell you how many times I've driven by Davis on the freeway late at night and ate at fast food joints ... and Prague dogs were available all that time.
And they bake their own Eastern European bread??? How is THAT?
The bakery stuff sounds so good ... princess cake, napoleans, josephines, Schwarzwälder Torte, Pistachio Apricot Punch Cake, apple strudel, etc ... Is the NY-style cheese cake good?
How's the Buchta ... sweetened rolls with fillings ... Cherry, Peach, Poppy Seed, or Baker's Cheese.
Anyone had their Czech Holiday Extravaganza? ...Duck baked on apples and onions with caraway seasoning, a slice of Pork Roast with a Holiday Sausage, sauerkraut, red cabbage and Czech Dumplings with pork gravy
What's the best Morant's Sausage ... Bratwurst, Knockwurst, Rindswurst or Weisswurst?
Do you recommend the potato pancakes or dumplings?
Some of these sounded particularily good to me ... any comments?
- Czech Style Trout (Pstruh na kmíně a česneku)seasoned with caraway & garlic
- Pork Segedin Goulash with Czech Dumplings (Segedínský guláš)
Pork “stew” containing sauerkraut and a little half-and-half.
- Tomato Dill Soup (Rajčatová Polévka s Koprem) a.k.a. Paradise Soup (Rajská Polévka)
- Chicken Mozart (Mozartovo kuře) Chicken breast stuffed with cream cheese and a peach
- Biftek Rasputin“ Beef Fillet Mignon with sauerbraten sauce and Czech Dumplings with cranberry sauce and whipped cream.