Sunday 1:00PM, our table was ready and waiting. Eleven of us - Mom's b-day, "cousin" visiting from China, 2 vegetarians, own wines and cake. Double orders of everything, listed here in order of presentation:
- Pea shoot leaves (the Big ones) - exceptionally good, perfect leaves, seasoning garlicky but not too;
- noodles w/enoki mushrooms - noodles were soft-chewy, just right;
- gai lon w/oyster sauce - huge portion, perfect;
- salt & pepper spareribs - fried to juicy perfection w/ garlic chips and chili, almost pork chop-like;
- whole bbq duck - juicy but fatty, skin s/b crisper;
- roasted pig - tasty lean pieces of meat w/very thin crispy skin atop, should have asked for the rib section which would have been less lean;
- tofu w/chinese mushrooms & greens - I was getting stuffed and didn't participate in this dish, but it was finished off quickly; at some point,
- won ton soup was brought out, golf ball sized w/huge prawn pieces in stuffing, but in a so-so broth, perhaps we should have ordered the Wor won ton.
Service was excellent- server brought out wine glasses when she saw the wine; brought out plates and forks (albeit plastic) when she saw the cake box.
Only neg: parking lot chaos.
Overall, a great meal. Even b-day girl, notoriously picky, walked away happy.
Updated 4 months ago | 0
Updated 8 days ago | 28
Updated 6 days ago | 152
Updated 20 hours ago | 21
Updated 13 days ago | 38