1. The manual instructs, "do not use on heat-sensitive surface." Has anyone set the appliance on a wooden surface, such as a table or butcher's block? Have you had any problems doing so? (I assume they mean don't place it on a plastic cutting board or such.)
2. Have you used the oven with the door open to accommodate a skillet with a long handle? Specifically, using a feature/setting to brown the top of a frittata or fruit crumble.
2.1. What setting do you recommend if you've successfully used the skillet as mentioned in my second question?
2.2 (or 3, if you prefer). What metal dishes/pans have you used in the oven? Has anyone tried using cast iron in the TOB-195? What about copper or copper-stainless combos?
4. The manual says not to use "oven glass dishes to broil." This means Pyrex and the like, yes?
5. What about using Pyroceram dishes (classic Corning Ware from the sixties and seventies) or Corning Ware French White (TM) stoneware?
6. Has anyone used a pizza stone in the TOB-195? (Not interested in the Brick Oven Classic model #BRK-100. Just wanting to know how a stone may or may not work in the TOB-195.)
I've called Cuisinart customer service and have their (limited) answers; however, I am curious how the device is used in real kitchens, more than in Cuisinart's testing stage.
Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.