I went the other night to Crazy Burger and have a mixed opinion on the place that is heralded on these boards. It is the big game in town for sure. It took us a full hour to get in. That is not the place's fault although it's a lot smaller inside then I thought it would be. We foolishly went out at 7PM and it would have been an hour wait to get an ice cream cone or a big mac with the heavy Summer crowd in the area in other words we were stuck waiting one way or another...
1) my celery/apple juice was amazing ( although I believe it gave me stomach problems later - not the places fault:) .
2) My kid loved her milk shake.
3) Everyone enjoyed their perspective burger. We each got different kinds and they have a ton of them. One child got a hot dog however and liked it.
The Bad Or Rather Not So Good...
1) The food wasn't worth the hour wait. It was a good burger. Actually their special ketchup made the burger I had much better. The burger went from a B to B-plus. Could we have found a better burger in the area... it's debateable. The hype and wait made us want to be blown away and I think it wasn't particularly life changing although I'd get another burger option next time to really see what they can do. I got the no-frills plain cheese burger. But other family members got various stuff like the Jalapeno burger and liked it, but again weren't blown away.
2) Very small inside and very very loud. We didn't eat outside so I have no idea what it looks like out there.
3) Kind of expensive. We didn't get appetizers, desserts or alcoholic beverages and it was a sizable bill for some burgers and a hot dog. And the kid's hotdog was kind of small.
4) I ordered the only extra which was a poundie ( mashed potatoes and vegatables pressed together). It was good but luke warm. It had been sitting. So was my burger. Some people at the table got hot meals and some got warm to luke warm.
The apple/celery juice was perfect though... I never had celery juice before and never heard of it. They did it perfect. A good place but not a great one.
As a side review we went to Red Parrot for lunch in Newport Ri and we surprised how good the lobster nachos were and how much lobster chunks they gave us! Everyone's meal there was predictably okay, not exceptional with the lobster nachos being a standout.