After about three years of reading many threads and making my share of comments, i find i must make a confession. i thought i was a decent cook, (not a great cook, not a chef) but i can see im not:
- i have almost every unforgivable ingredient in my kitchen or pantry including cream-of soups, green can cheese, bottled lemon juice, powdered milk, and store bought sauces and dressings.
- my knives are only moderately sharp, and my knife skills are frightful.
- i use my microwave frequently
- my freezer runneth over
- my vegetable bins more often resemble science experiments than someplace to keep food
- i still have some spices left over from the 20th century
- for things i've never made before, i follow the recipe verbatim
- i have never made roux, beschemel, white sauce, or from-scratch gravy (see cream-of soup above)
- i can't even spell beschemel well enough for spell check to guess what i mean.
- i own and use a crockpot
- i have a pre-logic rice cooker that i use almost daily
- i own and use a teflon skillet
- i have used soap on my cast iron (omg, i just heard three people drop dead)
- i do not have a single tin-lined copper anything
- i've actually served instant mashed potatoes (it was an emergency and no one died, i promise.)
So am I the only one that reads these threads and shudders in fear that I may be found out for the fraud that I am?
Updated 16 days ago | 203
Updated 10 hours ago | 5
Updated 11 days ago | 10
Updated 16 days ago | 9
Updated 4 days ago | 11